Wednesday, July 25, 2012

3 reviews: smashbox photo finish primer, make up forever HD foundation, make up forever HD powder

Hey guys! Today i'll be reviewing three products that I have been using for over a month; so I figured I have a good enough insight on how well these products work.

Product ONE: smashbox photo finish foundation primer

     I'll start by saying this is my ALL TIME FAVORITE  primer I have ever used. I purchased this mini tube for 10$ during Christmas and have been using it since then; EVERY day. This product lasts so long, as you can barely tell i've used any. All you need is a small amount (which applies really well) and it will do its job. It gives you the perfect canvas to apply your foundation and it leaves your face feeling silky smooth. I have noticed that it also keeps my face from getting oily throughout the day; not to mention, it makes your foundation stick on ALL day. I swear by this stuff and i'll be using it for a VERY long time.

Product TWO: Make up forever HD foundation

      This foundation is really good, but not the BEST. I purchased it for around 40$ and I got shade 110 which is named Pink porcelain. This is the lightest shade they carry; which I was highly dissapointed with. I have absolutely NO pink undertone; so this makes me look a little on the orangey side. Sadly the next color was WAY too dark for my pale skin. This foundation would work great for people with pink undertones. As for how it works: It works well. The coverage is medium (as I have freckles and they show through a little) ; so I do NOT reccomend this to anyone who has things they need to hide. (unless you're fine with applying more than one layer) It goes on really well and spreads out evenly. It does not dry up quickly like most liquid foundations; so you can take your time to work it in. It does have a pump; which is a HUGE plus. As for the finish, it is NOT matte; it looks dewy. (I like this also because your skin looks refreshed and bright) The bottle does last pretty long; as i've been using it for over a 6 month span. Soooo, to come to a conclusion (sorry for making this so long), It is a great foundation. The ONLY down side is the pink undertone, the limited shades for pale skin, and the coverage is NOT full.



Product THREE: Make up forever HD powder


    This product is a MUST with the make up forever HD foundation. I purchased this mini one for
15$ and it has not let me down. I've been using it for the same amount of time as the foundation and I am just running out. This product is applied so easily; all you need is a fluffy brush, swirl tap and buff it right in. (make sure you don't use TOO much, you only need a TINY amount.) It really puts your make-up in place so it does not rub off or "melt" off. The good thing is that you don't have to chose from shades; as it works for EVERYone. This is the finishing touch to your make-up and I HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone. (It also brightens your face) The only downside is the packaging; as there is just a huge hole for you to take the product out from, which causes a huge mess (as seen in the picture).
**NOTE: The HD foundation and powder was created to be used on camera; and believe me, it looks AMAZING on camera. So I reccomed this is you are wearing it where a lot of pictures are going to be taken of you.



That's it for this post. I hope it helped you a little and gave you an insight on these products. Have a great day!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment